Overdrive Not Kicking In?

My rpm seems pretty high but I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Driving at 65mph, my rpm is about 2500. Is this normal? I was wondering if my tranny is not shifting into overdrive. It also seems pretty slow to change gears under normal driving conditions on flat road. Is this the beginning of tranny problems? Mileage is about 20mpg, I was hoping to get more on my '93. Your comments are welcome.

TIA...

My rpm seems pretty high but I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Driving at 65mph, my rpm is about 2500. Is this normal? I was wondering if my tranny is not shifting into overdrive. It also seems pretty slow to change gears under normal driving conditions on flat road. Is this the beginning of tranny problems? Mileage is about 20mpg, I was hoping to get more on my '93. Your comments are welcome.

TIA...

My '94 runs at about the same RPM.

2600 @ 65mph.

Your overdrive is fine.

On the left side of my tranny, I have a ECONO/PERFORMANCE button. Maybe your's got it too.

My tranny react a lot better with performance mode ON.

Also you have a Overdrive ON/OFF on the left side of the stick so just use it and you'll see that your overdrive is working ;)

• 1 month later...

yea that means your overdrive is working. if u go that fast and then hit the overdrive button your rpms will go up so if your rpms are that law then yea that means your overdive is working fine.