1992 Lexus Es300, Turning Over But Not Starting...and Them Some !

droopy

I have a 1992 Lexus ES300 that is not starting. I am mechanically inclined & know that the previous owner installed a new starter, spark plug wires, cap and rotor, that is about 2 months old now. It all started when I cleaned that motor last weekend. I covered the alternator and the distributor with plastic bags. I then used a degreaser let it soak for 10 minutes then pressure washed it all off. I then waited 5 minutes to drive it. The car started and drove fine but the turn signals DID not work (but the hazards did). Then it would not go into gear when I would press the brake pedal so I had to use the little switch next to shifter to get it in gear. Anyhow, I drove the car for a total of 50 miles that day, no starting trouble at all. Then the next day I drove it to my mom's house (5 miles away) again with no problem, to see if I could fix the shifter and turn signal problem. I disconnected the negative terminal, used an Ohm meter to check for any blown fuses (there weren't any), tapped on a few relays that were under the dash and engine bay to see if may be they were stuck. Then I plugged the battery again and double checked the fuses with a test light and the were all fine again. I then went to turn the car and it would turn over but not start. Amazingly the shifter started working again but not the turn signals. Any how I called my mechanic buddy to come take a look, he said I had power to the igniter and coil but no to the distributor. That distributor cap has no water or condensation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.