How To Turn Off Res From The Front?

I have a 2007 400h with the factory Rear Entertainment System. I am unable to turn off the RES from the front controls. I've tried switching to different systems i.e. radio, cd, etc, but the dvd in the rear keeps on playing. There's the typical controls for the dvd player; foward, reverse, pause, play, stop, on the nav screen. But nothing I found that will turn the unit (RES) off. If I turn the car completely off, and then start the car again, so will the RES/dvd movie (even if the dvd had been stopped prior to turning off the car). The only way I found so far, is to use the remote and Power Off the RES. Is there a way to Power Off from the front controls? Did I missed it in the Owner's Manual??? I may need to spend more time experimenting. Thanks for any input.

We have the same year and system.

You cannot do what you seek. I have spent considerable time on my own, and in dialog with Lexus. At this stage of the evolution of the product, the rear is controlled only from the back seat.

Here's a scenario I put forth to Lexus, as being completely reasonable to assume...it is not what you describe but is not dissimilar in terms of front-rear synergy.

Two kids in the back seats, wanting to watch a movie. You, the driver, pop it into the front player, press the "REAR" screen touch (it exists and does nothing in our car) and the movie appears in the rear. WRONG. This is not supported. If you have small kids then why the heck not? I need to crawl into the back to turn it on or pause it or eject it? Hmmmm.

It is likely this will evolve into more sophisticated functions. But right now it is limited to playing a disk in the rear, and being able to pipe the sound to the overall car sound system. That is the extent of the cross-functionality.

regards.

patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Patrick for your reply!

It is utterly rediculous, to have to crawl to the back to perform most of the dvd functions :wacko: . Perhaps in the future, Lexus can integrate the dvd entertainment into the front head unit.