Fuel Injector Seal Leakage Or Scam ?

Hello all ! great and informative site here. I`m a new owner of a `92 es300 that i purchases thru a sealed bid from an insurance company... . the car was a stolen recovery. The overall condition is good with 242000 kilometers on it.

Before i placed my bid, I was told by the manager of the holding lot where it was towed to that the car ran fine but he noticed that one of the the injectors was leaking a bit of fuel, I havent picked up the car yet, that will be done in a cpl of days. My question to the experts is this; do these engines have a history of the described alleged problem or could the lot mgr. been trying to dissuade me from bidding so as to hopefully get the car himself with less competition? I hope to get an answer in a cpl days cuz our local lexus/toyota dealer would neeed a few days to get the seals for a fix. thanks for any replies.

No.

Pull the manfiold off as apart of doing a boatlaod of maintenance at one time. Once the upper manifold is off, the fuel rail can unbolt. Remove the injectors. Test them / clean them if you want, and replace the O-rings that seal them.

No.

Pull the manfiold off as apart of doing a boatlaod of maintenance at one time. Once the upper manifold is off, the fuel rail can unbolt. Remove the injectors. Test them / clean them if you want, and replace the O-rings that seal them.

Thanks for the reply and servicing is first on my cleanup list, but to clarify your answer; no, its not a known issue or no its not a scam, : ) thanks again

No it's a non-issue. That doesn't mean its not possible for an O-ring to dry rot & cause your injector to leak.

T Y

Most likely dried gasket and cracked, not unexpected. It could also be a cracked injector. Found this problem on one of my cars couple years ago. Either way, replace all the gaskets at once when you have the fuel rail removed.