Need Some Help Here :-/

So I took my SC300 down to the local Foriegn motors to have the oil changed and an alignment. They call me back and say I need the following.

Starter:$460

Brakes: $400

Two Tires: $360

Timing Belt: $200

Now, my brakes are fine, that is how I feel. And it says on my engine my timing belt was replaced at 90,000 miles (Currently at 118,000 ). Now, I found a few starters on Ebay ranging from $20-$60. I dont feel as though I need new brakes or a timing belt and I think I can get Fusion tires? (Guy there told me about them) for 260$. Now I am a 18 year old college student, my funds consist of about $250 right now, not including my check. Should I go with the Ebay starter or are they very unrealible. I just need some advice from people who have either gone through this or really know what they are talking about with these motors, and I know this is the place to ask. Any information would be very appriected. Thank you so much. -Mike.

So I took my SC300 down to the local Foriegn motors to have the oil changed and an alignment. They call me back and say I need the following.

Now, my brakes are fine, that is how I feel. And it says on my engine my timing belt was replaced at 90,000 miles (Currently at 118,000 ). Now, I found a few starters on Ebay ranging from $20-$60. I dont feel as though I need new brakes or a timing belt and I think I can get Fusion tires? (Guy there told me about them) for 260$. Now I am a 18 year old college student, my funds consist of about $250 right now, not including my check. Should I go with the Ebay starter or are they very unrealible. I just need some advice from people who have either gone through this or really know what they are talking about with these motors, and I know this is the place to ask. Any information would be very appriected. Thank you so much. -Mike.

You said Oil change and alignment was why you were taking it in. Do you really know your car? Look at the meat on the brake pads thru the rim holes, 1 to 2 minutes. Who changed the timing belt? If it was a good job then you know that is good. And Starter? When you turn the key does the engine start? You didn't say anything about that. If you are only 18 then that may explain something. sorry.

heres the deal. too many questions, not enough info. The costs for the parts you are quoting are quite frankly ridicu;ous. Is it a bogus qoute? Is it a lexus dealership? Having lexus here is good cause they 1 year everything. that gives you enough time to really test it out. Get your car back. If you only needed routine maintenance and you know it then don't pay for what you don't need. I am a Lexus SC400 owner go to my profile if u want.

Obvioulsy if I think I need a new starter the engine isnt kicking over, sorry if I didnt say that, I figured it was assumed. I thought it was either the starter or the battery, and its the starter. Just dont know if its worth buying a used one, dont know how realiable they are. Sorry if I did not provide enough information...

If it's the starter, you can get the solenoid rebuilt for less than 100 bucks, I dont know if you have a place over there that does that. Or I would just buy a new starter if you plan to keep the car, and used one if you're cheap and dont care.

Check out car-part.com I've gotten many parts for Lexus thru them and have had very good luck!!!