1997 Sc400 Performance

I test drove a 1997 SC400 yesterday for the first time. The ride was very smooth, but acceleration was much worse than expected. I thought a V8 with 250 horsepower would have had excellent acceleration. To give you an example, I was at a red light and a delivery van was next to me. When the light turned green the delvery van accelerated ahead of the SC400. Is this normal? What kind of acceleration should be expected?

I test drove a 1997 SC400 yesterday for the first time. The ride was very smooth, but acceleration was much worse than expected. I thought a V8 with 250 horsepower would have had excellent acceleration. To give you an example, I was at a red light and a delivery van was next to me. When the light turned green the delvery van accelerated ahead of the SC400. Is this normal? What kind of acceleration should be expected?

The 0-60 time on the 1997 SC400 is around 7 second, if i remember correctly it's around 6.9 second. But that's a pro driver, with brake launch, manually shifting through the gears, etc... I just recently bought a 95 SC400 and I've test drove a couple others. At first I was a little dissapointed with the acceleration because I had expected more from a v8 like yourself. But remember, the car is also pretty heavy. If you feel the car that you test drove is lacking power, drive another sc400.

No. Although it is faster than it is quick, it delivers. perhaps type in Lexus SC400 video on your search engine on the web. There are a few good videos showing what these cars can really do. After seeing a couple of them and my `95 lexus SC400 having 118,000 miles and a clean bill of health i put my foot into mine. It does just pretty much like the videos of similar although I have not driven it on a track or raced it, I feel it would if I could lawfully drive it to these speeds. You have to understand this motor produces its most power at around 5500rpm and normal driving will not get its attention. 0-30mph some cars are quicker at the beginning, but this car catches up quickly and will pass. On the freeway at around 60mph this one jumps forward when neccesarry quickly and safely moving around traffic.