Master Keys

skim

Hello all,

Could anyone tell me if the Lexus dealer still can make master keys if I lost both of them? I just purchased a 2003 Lexus LS 430 on Friday. But this dealer lost the master keys and the flat key. All I got is this valet parking key to used. The dealer clamed that they will call Lexus dealer and have it make 2 master keys for me, but I have to bring the car in to have it reprogram. I have just heard rumor that it cannot be made without another master key, is this true? Any idea what else I can do?

Thanks

Hello all,

Could anyone tell me if the Lexus dealer still can make master keys if I lost both of them? I just purchased a 2003 Lexus LS 430 on Friday. But this dealer lost the master keys and the flat key. All I got is this valet parking key to used. The dealer clamed that they will call Lexus dealer and have it make 2 master keys for me, but I have to bring the car in to have it reprogram. I have just heard rumor that it cannot be made without another master key, is this true? Any idea what else I can do?

Thanks

The dealer can make your key off of the VIN as long as you can show proof of vehicle ownership.

Hello all,

Thanks

The dealer can make your key off of the VIN as long as you can show proof of vehicle ownership.

Hello all,

Thanks

Our key broke so we purchased two keys off ebay and they were cut by a local key company. The Dealer wanted to charge a ridiculous price so we looked around.

Hello all,

Thanks

Our key broke so we purchased two keys off ebay and they were cut by a local key company. The Dealer wanted to charge a ridiculous price so we looked around.

Same here. I'd check ebay.

• 3 weeks later...
Make sure the uncut key comes with programing instructions. I may have the instructions that came with mine..... I'll check around if you need them.

You will need a master key if you are going to reprogram the new master keys yourself and go through a series of steps. You can follow this link which tells you how to do it. Make sure to get it cut also from someone who is famililar with laser key cutting. The car will not start until you program the key even if it has been cut. Follow this link http://www.toy-lex.com/programming.html Good Luck!

Dano...