My Battery Light Coems And Stays On. Why?

Shayan

Hey,

I was driving and my battery light came on on bout 30 secs, and went away.

Than five minutes later, it came on and now it wont go away.

When i got home, i turned off the car, and it starts with no hessitation, and i fooled with the wires but it stays on.

any ideas would be really appreciated.

specially since im trying to sell it.

The rule of thumb on capactior size used by most manufacturers is 1 Farad per 1,000 watts (RMS). Using this as your guide, then you would use

a .5 Farad capacitor for systems up to 500 watts

a 1 Farad capacitor for systems up to 1,000 watts

a 2 Farad capacitor for systems up to 2,000 watts

When you calculate the power in your system you want to figure in actual used power, keeping in mind what you actually want running off of the capacitor.

For example, if you had a system that includes a head unit rated for 50 watts total output, an amp to run your highs rated for 350 watts, and an amp on your subs rated for 500 watts, then you would start out by looking at what you want to add capacitance to. The head unit in this example system would not be running any speakers off of it, so it would not be figured in. When considering the amplifiers, remember that the lower the frequency, the more power you need to reproduce it at the same volume as a higher frequency. Because of this (along with knowing what kind of power delivery you already have set up for the system) you may find that you only need to add the capacitor to the subwoofer amp, which at 500 watts would require a .5 Farad capacitor. If you wanted to include the highs amp as well, then you would want to use a 1 Farad capacitor.

Another thing to note on this topic is that you can't really add too much capacitance to your system, so it's safe to overshoot the guidelines. If you wanted to add three 1 Farad capacitors to a 1,000 watt system, it would not be a problem at all.

man you know a lot of stuff.

So what does a capacitor really do?

make your sub beat louder?

save your battery?

i saw he diagram you sent a link to, so top of the capacitor has two things, i guess you cut your power, run it through one, then connect the other power to the other terminal and run it to your amp?

I only have one amp which is the 2400 W volfenhag amp, i hope its good, ever heard of it?

and i have the head unit whch pushes the door speaerks.

whats the cheapest place for a capacitor?

do you think with that amp would i need a .5 or 1 farad?

thanks again,

shayan