2006 Es330 Poor Radio Sound Quality

2006 ES330 leased in Feb 2006. Radio unit includes GPS.

Over the last 5 months I have been back for service 4 times to solve the problem. The second time they replaced entire unit, added a filter and a booster to antenna. The sound quality seemed to improve after that, but my observation (and my wife's) is that the quality deteriorated after a month or so. Now the Service Department is telling me that it performs to the "Design Standards", but you cannot not hear the Talk Shows clearly. In particular the one I listen to is a major station and we are only 30 miles away. I recognize that sound quality is subjective, but this is obviously not up to standards. This is our 3rd Lexus. Prior I drove an ES300 for 6 years and this Sound System doesn't compare. Currently my Wife drives a a2001 RX300 and her sound quality is much better. I mentioned AM, because Speech is very mushy or not crisp, but I believe that the FM and CD quality is substandard also.

Has anyone have any suggestions?

You mentioned it has GPS, does it have the Mark Levinson audio option?

Unfortunately for people who like AM, in my experience AM stations don't come in well on most new car audio systems that have imbedded antennas. The AM reception may be better on your wife's RX because it has an actual satellite antenna.

You mentioned it has GPS, does it have the Mark Levinson audio option?

Unfortunately for people who like AM, in my experience AM stations don't come in well on most new car audio systems that have imbedded antennas. The AM reception may be better on your wife's RX because it has an actual satellite antenna.

Apparently not. Listed on the options sheet it just says "Lexus Premium Audio System AM/FM/cassette with in dash Single CD Player and 7 Speakers" It does really have a cassette player, as it has a 6 Disc CD Changer in Console.

That single in dash CD player is for the Maps CD in the Navigation System.

On your alternate topic. Did the 2001 RX come with a satilite antenna?

No ML then. I don't have a lot of experience with the standard stereo, I have the ML which is quite good.

Yeah the RX has a mast antenna, I guess I should have called it a mast antenna. The antenna on the ES is just an imbedded antenna in the rear window which is good for style, not so good for reception. I bet thats your problem.