Replaced Starter--now A/c Not Cooling

swiggins

Hi all, :unsure:

just finished replacing the starter in my 91 LS-400, 156,000 miles; while I was driving around I tried the A/C. It never began to cool, so back in the driveway

I can tell that the magnetic clutch is not pulling in. My question is did I fail to reconnect the compressor when I put every thing back togeather? It's hard to tell with everything buttoned up if there is a connector under the intake that leads to the compressor. I would be greatful for any thoughts before I start to take the intake back off.

Thanks

Sam

I found that the wiring for the compressor doesn’t run under the intake. I did find a burned out fuse on the A/C. I had given the fuse a visual inspection and thought it was OK. My multimeter proved otherwise.

I found the starter replacement to be time consuming and tedious. On this 16 year old car all the plastic is very brittle and easy to break. I think I could it much faster the second time.

Sam

• 5 months later...
I found that the wiring for the compressor doesn’t run under the intake. I did find a burned out fuse on the A/C. I had given the fuse a visual inspection and thought it was OK. My multimeter proved otherwise.

I found the starter replacement to be time consuming and tedious. On this 16 year old car all the plastic is very brittle and easy to break. I think I could it much faster the second time.

Sam

I realize I'm bumping an old topic, but I have this very same problem.

While replacing the starter, some sort of bi-metal valve was broken off, along with a couple of other items. They were eventually replaced or glued back together (with a combination of crazy glue and silicon gasket :D ), but the A/C still isn't cooling. A mechanic checked the condenser fans and noted that there was no power being delivered to them. I enjoy my A/C very much in the humid heat of the Deep South and I need a solution to this problem pronto!