Gas Leak Into Air Intake System

phabej

I have a 1992 LS400 which I had the timing belt, water pump and idle control module replaced couple months ago. The car was running great up until recently when the engine started to make loud noises and running very rough. I listen to it and sounds like it came from the right distributor, and so I thought the distributor rotars might have chipped. I removed all the neccessary parts to get to the distributor rotar but there was nothing wrong with it. I checked all the spark plug and none of them was wet. They all seemed to be fine. However, when I looked into the Air Intake, I noticed that some kind of liquid had been leaking into the intake. After smelling it, it was gasoline. I lifted up the intake valve and took a look at the inside of the intake with a flashlight and it looked like fuel had been burning inside. Could this be that there is something wrong with the fuel injector or the pistons? How would I troubleshoot what causes the fuel to leak into the air intake?

Open to any suggestions and advice. Many thanks in advanced.