Help-check Engine Light And Vsc

zeusigchi

OK here's what happened. Purchased car about a year ago with 72K. The car has run beautifully and still seems to be fine. Now have 95K. I have done only oil changes every 3-5K and changed Transmission fluid and got new tires. I cant afford dealer maintenance so thats all I have done.

All of a sudden Saturday morning the Check Engine light is on and the VSC light is on out of no where. Any one have a clue as to what is going on or what I should do?? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

OK here's what happened. Purchased car about a year ago with 72K. The car has run beautifully and still seems to be fine. Now have 95K. I have done only oil changes every 3-5K and changed Transmission fluid and got new tires. I cant afford dealer maintenance so thats all I have done.

All of a sudden Saturday morning the Check Engine light is on and the VSC light is on out of no where. Any one have a clue as to what is going on or what I should do?? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Before you rush out to get the code read check the obvious. You didn't by any chance check the air filter and in the process knock the hose off behind the air box (common CEL problem). How about the gas cap? Is it on tight? Try pulling one of the battery cables for a few minutes to reset the code and see if it returns. If it does you need to get the code read. Some AutoZone’s will do it for free.

Thanks Mikey for the one and only suggestion some more from others would be appreciated...... I am going to autozone to get the codes since the battery thing did not work, but again thanks for the suggestion.

I was able to research on some other Lexus sights and it may just be an O2 sensor which I am hoping it is.