Gs400 Prematurely Running Out Of Gas

I have a 98 GS400, I used to be able to drive 40miles after my reserve light came on. Now I have to find a gas station fast when my light comes on. When I fill up it only takes about 14.5 gls. I have a 18.5 gal. tank. So there is 4 gls still in the tank. I used to be able to fill up and it would take about 18 gls. Why am I running out of gas and how to fix it?

I am running out of gas, after my car completely stops I put a half gal. in and hope I make to the next station. I quess fuel in the reserve tank is not transfering to the main tank. I pulled the main pump and sending and the left side sending, both sending units are working. The pump unit is intact and the releaf valve are working. No dirt or debres in the tank.

Any other ideas?

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issue. Does anyone know how to solve this. I can completely out yesterday and only filled up with 14 gallons.

Thanks,

Suav

I am running out of gas, after my car completely stops I put a half gal. in and hope I make to the next station. I quess fuel in the reserve tank is not transfering to the main tank. I pulled the main pump and sending and the left side sending, both sending units are working. The pump unit is intact and the releaf valve are working. No dirt or debres in the tank.

Any other ideas?