Inoperative Driver Door Window Switches

powerdoc

I own a '91 LS 400 and the driver door window switches don't work. The other windows are ok on their respective doors. The lock switch works. I took it apart and tried to clean some black deposits off the micro-contacts but either I did a bad job of it or that's not the answer. There are some electronics in the switch assembly of unknown purpose. Is this a common problem? Do I need to remove it again and spend more time on the contacts? Is there another answer?

I had a continual problem with my 94 LS drivers side switches years ago, so I tore down the guts of the assembly, and lubricated everything I could see, while cleaning all the contacts and so forth, including those little springs and the like. I'm surprised that you seem to be having such a total problem, since I would get short term improvement when I messed with the switches. But the improvements, for me, only lasted a short while, so I'd suggest you use the following method:

Spray the contacts with PB Blaster. No idea why, but this is 2 years later, and while I only use the Lex for 10,000 miles a year or so, the controls work perfectly. This is not an ad for PB-No idea who they are-I have a previous post about this subject-but it sure worked for me. I just drove today from Henderson, NV to Bullhead City, AZ to get my Powerball tickets, and the drivers side windows and locks worked great. 180 miles RT.

Best of luck.

What does the IC circuit on this board do? Does anyone know if there is a way to short the pins on the connector and check whether or not the wiring is screwed up farther down the line? I don't think it is because the window lock and the door lock work but just to be sure.

Hi,

According to the wiring diagrams the common 12 volt feed to the drivers control panel for the windows is a blue wire connected to pin # 8, this also supplies the independant window switches so could be a break in the wire to the drivers panel.

Another possible cause could be the power window relay unit.

Cheers,

Steve