Need Some Advice....radiator

AirTahoe

Hey guys. I have a 2002 RX300. Recently I was sitting in the parking lot (23 F outside) and noticed my temp guage rising to Max. I quickly went to a gas station and checked my coolant (Empty!!) I filled it with water because I didn't have anything else. It ran fine on the ride home 300 miles.

It was last serviced at the Lexus dealer. So my question is 1) Do you think that maybe they forgot to fill my fluids? 2) Do you think I could have a slow leak, I have not noticed any coolant on the garage floor. 3) Any way to check or a leak?

Thanks

Hey guys. I have a 2002 RX300. Recently I was sitting in the parking lot (23 F outside) and noticed my temp guage rising to Max. I quickly went to a gas station and checked my coolant (Empty!!) I filled it with water because I didn't have anything else. It ran fine on the ride home 300 miles.

It was last serviced at the Lexus dealer. So my question is 1) Do you think that maybe they forgot to fill my fluids? 2) Do you think I could have a slow leak, I have not noticed any coolant on the garage floor. 3) Any way to check or a leak?

Thanks

First thing I would do is to ask the Lexus dealer what sort of safeguards they have to preclude one from driving away with partially filled fluids. When you said "serviced at the Lexus dealer", what waas services? Next, ask them to do a pressure check the system. You said no fluids are visible but have you specifically looked for fluids after a drive? After your 300 mile drive, what was your fluid level like? Don't forget to do a complete flush and refill of your system.

Gary