Problems With Purchase Of Used 2001 Rx300

pjjaxon

Two days ago I purchased a 2001 RX 300 w/ 73,000 miles. I drove the vehicle twice and heard nothing but smoothness. The first time I drove it after obtaining title, a noise appeared when driving over rough patches of roadway. Not necessarily bumpy road, just older pavement as opposed to freeway driving. It is a vibration sound coming from the rear of the car.

I noticed the rear light failure indicator on the second day, and the antenna will not fully lower.

Hopefully, these are minor fixes and I didn't buy a lemon. The 60,000 mile service was performed at 70,000 miles. The only recommendations were front brakes which were replaced, and tires. So I'm hoping this noise is due to the tires.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had a rattle in mine coming from the back for awhile. Twice actually, now that I think about it. Drove me nuts one time all the way from CA to MO. Then I finally figured out it was my license plate frame that had worked loose a little bit.

The other time was the locking nut for the wheels that had worked loose in the spare tire well, and it was bouncing around.

I dont know about the other issues you're having. Mine has been great though. I got mine with 69k miles and it now has 120k with only one minor issue--the throttle position sensor, which I fixed myself in half an hour.

I hope you have good luck with yours too.

Don't know about the vibration, and the tail lamp indicatior seems self explanatory but I along with a few others have posted some detailed and hopefully useful info on how to replace your power antenna. They have tendency to fail after a while just due to wear and they're fairly straightforward to replace.

Don't know about the vibration, and the tail lamp indicatior seems self explanatory but I along with a few others have posted some detailed and hopefully useful info on how to replace your power antenna. They have tendency to fail after a while just due to wear and they're fairly straightforward to replace.

The site that I've attached has some good minor "do it yourself" information including changing bulbs. I've found it to be very helpful. Hope it can help others on this forum too. Its called Ed's RX 300 "How2 reference site.... :cheers:

http://rx300how2.home.comcast.net/index.html