'91 Ls Remote Trunk Release

godpossessed

I got my car back from the local NTB where they installed a PS rack (it's own horror story). When we tried the power release by the driver's left knee, it no workee. Is there an on/off switch for this thing or do I have trouble. Thoughts?

thanks

Mark

Check the fuse panel, for a blown fuse or a loose wire underneath. Next check the switch for continuity (a multimeter will have that function) then work back to the trunk release itself for any obvious loose or broken wires. Also check the switch at the trunk latch for continuity. The Gen 1 400s are prone to having wires breaking internally, where they're routed around the trunk hinge, so check for continuity there too.

HTH! :lol:

Did the key lock that controls the trunk release get pushed in? If so, unlock with your master key. Maybe you'll get lucky and find that someone pushed it in by mistake. I have replaced batteries in my key fob twice cause i thought they were dead, when all that was wrong was i had hit the remote on / off button on the dash. :blushing: