Dvd Navigation System 2004/2005 Will It Work On 2003 Lexus ?

masboy

I just bought 2003 Lexus ES300 (lovin' it :) ) and the DVD system is 2001 system. I was thinking to upgrade it with 2004/2005 DVD system, will it work still ? If so, how big the difference between 2001 system and 2004/2005 system ?

Thanks in advance !!

Do you mean to make the system look like the system in the 04-06? Sure you can do it, but it will involve replacing the entire nav unit...costly. I would just upgrade the DVD disc to the latest release and call it done.

I have both systems, the same one you do in my 03, and the newer one in our Prius. I prefer mine.

I mean just upgrade the DVD disc, sorry I should have mention it more clearly. Anyway, the DVD disc right now is ver, 2001 and I want to upgrade it to ver 2004/2005, it still work...right ?? Just want to double check before buying it. thanks!

Oh yeah, its a really easy upgrade. Make sure you order the disc for the right navigation system though, yours is a generation 3. I'd suggest ordering them from www.lexus-parts.com, they have the best deal.

I was thinking to get it from eBay, but I guess Lexus-parts.com is more trustable. Anyway, I've noticed that you bought your ES300 from brand-new ? Is there any major problem so far ? I bought it with 72K mileage and this is my first Lexus, I'm just worry about how good this car is.

When I turn on my a/c and drove slowly, I can hear like a rattle noise from inside, but after a while the noise is gone. Have u ever had that kind of problem before ?

Thanks a lot Steve!

Yep, I got mine brand new. No major problems, I'm about 82k. I've had some minor warranty stuff done along the way, biggest thing was a new steering rack and a new secondary steering shaft to fix a looseness in the steering under warranty.

Never had that issue...

As for the disc, you definately can get one from eBay, won't be the most recent one though. Also make sure its for the right generation nav system.

As for the disc, you definately can get one from eBay, won't be the most recent one though. Also make sure its for the right generation nav system.

Is there any big difference between the MOST RECENT ONE and the older one ?