No Lock/unlock Signal

MKLEX

I have notice that my car does not gives out the signal when I press lock/unlock bottom on my key.

Is this repairable? What would be wrong?

If you mean that the car doors dont respond...then the battery is probably dead in the key..... I also notice that my GS doesnt respond from very far away and from certain angles..... I'd change the battery 1st for sure though.

It could also be that the REMOTE button on the dash is turned off which disables the ability to use the key's remote button to unlock/lock the doors.

I have unknowingly pressed the REMOTE button on the dash myself and then wondered why my key button no longer worked.

They're pretty much ontop of it. The battery is dead, or the unit is disabled. There isn't much to "break" so...

A neat note for anyone into the "how far can I unlock game". You can almost double the range of most car clickers by holding it up to your temple & using it. Dumb, but neat! LoL!

I got it working. It may seem brainless, but I have called dealer for technical support and first think they said "Did you check the volume control". I didnt know what he was talking about, but he explained that there is a little knob just like the one you have to control volume of your radio. This knob is located under your steering wheel. )))) Sure,it was there. I turned it and works. I wouldn't think there was such a volume control knob.

Well , now I know.