From Lexus, 2004 Es330 List Of Changes

SW03ES

I don't know anything about the dealer other than we were routed to him thru internet Autobytel.com when we asked for a bid on a '03 Lexus . I asked if we decided to accept the deal, would he confirm a vin # to make sure the car would be there before we traveled 3 hours to his dealership. He said he would need a deposit to hold the car for us (sounds reasonable) and he would supply the vin # . We've always bought cars face to face before so I'm not sure if this could be fishy or not. Any input accepted and appreciated.

Its possible that he's just confused about the MSRP. Inform him that you're concerned about the fact that the price he quoted you being $1500 off MSRP means the 04 will actually be several thousand dollars less at sticker than the 03 when they're equipped the same, and that you'd heard there would be an increase. Get the actual dollar price and equipment in writing, just an email is fine. Tell him you want the equipment and colors that you want, and any surprises will loose him your business.

Also make sure the deposit is 100% REFUNDABLE at any time. I ordered mine and the guy almost really screwed me over. Luckily I had another saleswoman who knew the guy was going to screw me over, so she ordered me a car knowing I'd come back to her. The sales guy ordered the wrong color. I had told him that any surprises would loose him my business, and it did.

Also most lexus dealers are flexible when talking about the amount down, I used $500. And they'll even just refund that when the car comes in, or they'll apply it to theprice as a down payment

We did, missed the mark totally! That just goes to show you, Lexus is TIGHT LIPPED about its new models and pricing. We didnt know anything about the ES330 until they wanted us to.