Top Speed

lexlover1

Had my 95 on the highway for a rip, really impressed. I had my ls for about 6 months now and knew it was a real nice ride on the highway. This week I took it out on a section of new pavement and stomped her down. Once up over 85 to 95 things really started to happen, I was sunk back in the seat and was real impressed when it didn't shift the last time until right around 125. Driving just as smooth and quiet as could be. As far as I know these cars have a lock up torque converter and that is what happened at that speed but it certainly was still pulling good. I have seen several articles where they say the top speed for this car is 149 and after this experienceI can beleive that. Although I know this is totally illegal and would not suggest it I had to let off at that point but am going to put it to the limit in the near future. I certainly realize these cars were not made for this kind of driving. Whatever I drive I like to know what it will do, not like the guy with the new porche who will never know what happens if he holds his right foot down.