Recommended Oil

chilphil

I recently found out that the Lube Shop that my wife has been bringing the car to only uses Pennzoil. I have been a Castrol fan for as long as I can remember and would prefer Castrol in my cars....just a preference, no real validity or scientific claim for the preference. I did hear somewhere that (and I don't know if it only applies to Toyota engines) Pennzoil builds up sludge more easily than other conventional oils. Is that true? If so, should I switch ASAP? What are your oil preferences?

I recently found out that the Lube Shop that my wife has been bringing the car to only uses Pennzoil. I have been a Castrol fan for as long as I can remember and would prefer Castrol in my cars....just a preference, no real validity or scientific claim for the preference. I did hear somewhere that (and I don't know if it only applies to Toyota engines) Pennzoil builds up sludge more easily than other conventional oils. Is that true? If so, should I switch ASAP? What are your oil preferences?

Do a search on this topic. There good oil and not so good oils.

Out of the two oils here, SM rated and short drains, I would have to select none. I would go with Halovine P or Q. Problem with these oils are there HTHS are low, NOVACK is pretty high, pour point are not that great etc. But if your application does not have some of these then you should be fine.

I would either add LC20 to your oil or Auto-Rx. These items come reccomended from my oil testing house.