Cant Remove Cartridge Fuse! Help!?

Hey guys,

I was trying to replace my battery in my '02 GS 300 and I blew my 120a alternater fuse. Yes, I'm a newb and I made a dumb mistake. Turns out the battery I got from Toyota looks the same and has the posts in the exact same spot...except the positive and negative are opposite from the lexus battery! So long story short, I bought a new fuse but I can't even get the old one out. It is the large cartridge type and I tried pulling it out with needle nose plyers and the plastic housing came off and now the metal prongs are stuck in the fuse box housing!! I can firmly grab them with the needlenose but they don't come out! I pulled very hard and I'm afraid if I pull much harder I'll damage something else. So does anyone know? What is the trick to replacing these larger cartridge fuses? Thank you for any help :cries:

Well, for anyone interested. I figured it out. The entire fuse box needs to be dissasembled. Those fuses are bolted in along with the wire. I couldn't get the thing apart it was damn near impossible. This must be done by the dealer so I had to have my GS towed to the dealer. I needed more fuses than just the one, and now all of the dashboard warning lights are on. So that is $100 for the fuse diagnosis, and now an additional $100 for the warning lights diagnostic. So far I am up to $200 and more if there is any further damage to the alternator or any other parts. why god why...