Daytime Headlamps And Adaptive Lights

Going in for 11,000 service on 2006 GS 300 AWD. Dealers always says "its normal" so before I bring it in, here are my questions. The daytime headlamps (with headlights off) are very dim. Is that normal? Second, when I make turns I cannot notice any movement in the adaptive headlights. Normal?

Going in for 11,000 service on 2006 GS 300 AWD. Dealers always says "its normal" so before I bring it in, here are my questions. The daytime headlamps (with headlights off) are very dim. Is that normal? Second, when I make turns I cannot notice any movement in the adaptive headlights. Normal?

The daytime running lamps are definitely dim. Not as bright as a normal headlamp.

The adaptive lamps do appear to move when you turn, but it is a little hard to recognize it until you have seen it because it is not major movement. Also, they move more in one direction than they do in the other, although I can't remember the exact degrees of difference and which side has more movement. I can drive down my street and turn the wheel side to side and notice the beams slightly moving out in front of the car.

Exact degrees are: 15 to the left and 5 to the right. You won't see it when ambient light is strong, also, the system does not operate until the vehicle passes certain speed because when it sits idle and if you turn the steering, it won't turn.

The best way to see: choose a dark winding road in a mountain or somewhere with not much ambient light at night and driving that road, you will clearly see the light turns, it doesn't turn fast, may be relatively slow, but it definitely should turn.