Catalytic Converters? What's A Normal Sc400 Drive Like?

Micah

How do I test the cats. I was riding tonight and noticed the console was radiating a bit of heat. Enough for me and my passenger to notice it. The carpet is pretty warm as well. Is there a way to test the cats?

Also, How much power should my car have? What I'm talkin about is this: Is this car capable of a burnout or what? Totally a diagnostic question. I have never driven a lower milage one so I don't know what it should be like. I do know this though. It doesn't seem to have any more power than my Grand Prix GT, but if its normal thats fine. I just want to know if my car drives pretty much normal.

How do I test the cats. I was riding tonight and noticed the console was radiating a bit of heat. Enough for me and my passenger to notice it. The carpet is pretty warm as well. Is there a way to test the cats?

Also, How much power should my car have? What I'm talkin about is this: Is this car capable of a burnout or what? Totally a diagnostic question. I have never driven a lower milage one so I don't know what it should be like. I do know this though. It doesn't seem to have any more power than my Grand Prix GT, but if its normal thats fine. I just want to know if my car drives pretty much normal.

Take it to an exhaust shop. I had mine checked to because i felt like mine were clogged. As soon as i drove into the shop they lifted my car and by simply knocking on the cats and reving the engine they knew whether or not they were fine. they told me that if i put the car into P and can rev the engine to 6 thousand RPM with ease then the cats aren't building up any extra pressure. So either try reving the car to 6 thousand Rpm or just take it to an exhaust shop.