Paint For 2000 Es300

Purchased the 2000 model recently. The car is beautiful with 62,000 miles now. The occasional chip had been touched up, but i have noticed some flaking on the front bumper where the colors meet. Anyone else had this problem, and if so how can it be repaired or avoided in the future? Garage door came down on the rear bumper and other nicks that we have created. Can these be touched up well enough or shall i dare, will a new paint job be in my future? The paint is white pearl, i believe it is called with grey bottom. I am sure you folks are more aware of the color pattern. Any idea how expensive it would be to have a thorough paint job? This is in the Nashville Tn area as I am aware there are differences in prices.

Thanks in advance,

rick

Rick,

If the paint is flaking off of the bumper its a sure sign that its been repainted in the past and the repaint was inferior. if you can find out from the original owners who did the work you SHOULD be able to get them to fix it at no cost to you.

As for the other nicks, unless its really bad repainting a 2000 is going to cost you a lot in resale value. For an OEM quality paint job I'd estimate the cost at $3-6,000 depending on the quality of the shop for the same color.

I'd take the car to a good detailer and have it detailed and those spots touched up and see how it looks.