Fog Light On 97 Es300

omaralt

hey guys, i just purchased a 97 ES300, and i love it. however i need to change the drivers side fog light, and am having trouble figuring out how to get to the bulb. do i go from the bottom (doesnt seem like the right way)? or do i actually pull out the fog light fixture? if so, how do i pull out without breaking anything? i dont want to break it, so i thought i'd ask you guys. thanks in advance.

ps. i dont know if anybody else has this problem, but my AC assembly (the piece right under the stereo), does not light up at night. is there a cheap way to fix this other than replace the entire piece? thanks

omar

To access the fog light bulb, you will have to work from under the front bumper. There is a big anti-splash plastic shroud which you'll have to remove a few screws and twist out of the way. Then you should have enough room to peep your head in and see the back of the fog light bulb, which is held on by a metal hinged hook. You will have to reach in and press down on the end of the hook in order to un-hook the bulb and remove. Installation is the reverse of the previous steps. The fog light bulb must be installed in only one way, so remember the orientation of its base when removing the old bulb.

For the A/C unit, it sounds like all the backlighting bulbs are burnt out. You will have to remove the stereo and A/C unit cluster from the console, and get into the circuit board of the A/C unit in order to remove the backlighting bulbs. I had to do the same thing when I noticed a bulb burnt out in A/C unit of my '01 ES.