Q;s About Liquid Welds....?

wolver1ne516

:huh:

I'm in a rutt here...

I've gotr these cracks @ cylyndars 1 & 2 on the exhaust manifolds on another vehical (Not my LS).

I was wonderen' just how much pressure can this "Liquid weld" stuff can take and for how long...does anybody have an idea, and if not should I EXPERIMENT on the subject before I go ahead & by new headers for my 5.9 liter Jeep limited?

I've used some of this stuff on my radiator when I tore a hole the size of both my fists in my LS and it held for several months till I replaced it...and it's still holdingwater...I filled it up after removal and here it is a year later still no leaks...impressive.

post-1448-1155249950_thumb.jpg

post-1448-1155249984_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't see your first post.

As to repairing the existing iron manifold and saving all kinds of grief buying and installing headers, you can have the manifold welded by someone experienced in such things. They use a high nickel content arc welding rod, and done properly it will last for years. Normally the manifold will be heated to past 300 F. and also clamped on a flat surface tightly. Then it's welded, and allowed to slow cool.

Either that or a wrecking yard, but more than likely they are busted too.