Lexus Battery Warranty 24 Month Unlimited Mileage

I felt this might benefit someone else for future reference. I tried searching myself and did not find anything on this particular topic.

Bad alternator drained original Lexus battery. Battery was purchased in October 2004. Still under the 24 month unlimited mileage warranty period. Is Lexus going to just give me another battery with no questions asked or are they going to ask questions. I have the Lexus bill of sale to document it was purchased from a Lexus dealer and the date of sale.

If you have the receipt from when you purchased it and it under 24 months they should exchange it for free no questions asked.I take that back they will need to fill out the tag to get a replacement for your bad one.If it's past 24 months it still might have some proration left on ut also.

Well I took it back to the dealer and they said after a year its on a prorated basis. If its less than a year they would replace it for free. So I still got charged $68 for a replacement battery. I 'm not sure if they violated toyota/lexus's warranty or not. I didn't have time to deal with them so I just accepted the $68 fee and left to get to work on time. But it does say on the battery warranty section 24 months unlimited mileage warranty?