1991 Lexus Ls400 Ignition Key

jhussain

Any Lexus Dealer should be able to order one for you with the VIN and proof of ownership.They run around $80.00.If you can find someone with the right machine you should be able to get it duplicated for $25.00 or less for an aftermarket key.

I have been through this process with eBay aftermarket keys. Of course, make sure you purchase the correct, complete transponder blank, and be ASBSOLUTELY CERTAIN that the locksmith has the equipment, know-how, and experience to cut this special, expensive sort of key. You will find not every locksmith is willing or able to perform this particular task, and it can sometimes be an experience with a fair degree of anxiety for both locksmith and customer.

I have been through this process with eBay aftermarket keys. Of course, make sure you purchase the correct, complete transponder blank, and be ASBSOLUTELY CERTAIN that the locksmith has the equipment, know-how, and experience to cut this special, expensive sort of key. You will find not every locksmith is willing or able to perform this particular task, and it can sometimes be an experience with a fair degree of anxiety for both locksmith and customer.

I tried to call couple of locksmiths and they were asking in the range of $200 to make cut the key in the SF bay area. I do not think that is reasonable.

Do you know which locksmith you used and what was the cost?

One more question: Is the glove compartment key is different that the ignition key? I tried to use my ignition key in the glove compartment and it did not work.

Thanks,