1992 Sc 400

smccay

I have an opportunity to purchase an immaculate sc400 1 owner, low miles. Any problems inherent to the vehicle that I should look for in particular? I've loved these cars since I saw the first commercial in'92. I've had Volvo's for 20 years and they're not cheap to keep. I'm assuming the same with the sc 400? Are they reliable? This will be my daily driver. Where can I get production numbers for the '92 model year? Where can I get a '92 sales brochure or a clean copy of one? Did they make 1000's or 10,s of thousands?

Thanks for the response in advance..I think this forum is a great idea.

welcome to the forum...im relatively new also and have found that this forum is extremely helpful. I have a 92' SC400 with 175,000 miles on it and it runs perfect. A few things you should look at are the brake pads, your gauge cluster, and your water pump

smccay:

i'd also like to welcome you to the club. If you're looking for the performance Specs, they're listed on the Pinned catagory on the top SC300/400/430 forum, titled Performance Specs. My colleague AWJ was gracious enough to list that.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find my SC300-400 Broucher anywhere. Are you looking for anything in particular?

The SC400 is an excellent car to drive and own. No, the car isn't rare. there are plenty of SC300s and 400s out there, mostly in the 1000s. 10,000s worldwide I'm guessing.

The car can be expensive to maintain if you don't know where to look, but this forum will give you some excellent tips on where to find things and how to fix them.

Before you buy, have the car checked out by Lexus. Most of their techs are good enough to ID some basic and advanced faults with the car at a glance.

They charged me $175, a bit more in some other states, but it's worth the time and money. :rolleyes: