Navigation Upgrade & Starbucks?

Sean_a

Is it me or my Navigation system started to display all the Starbucks stores suddenly? I'm sure that this feature was not turned on, until I took my car for service about 2 months ago. I just noticed it when I was using the navigation system in Down Town and the screen was filled with a picture of "Cup of Coffee" and every time I reached to one of the icons, I glanced outside and sure enough, there was a Starbucks there.

Going to POI does not display anything selected, so it's somehow hard coded.

Does anyone know about this or better yet, does anyone know how to turn this off for those of us non-Starbucks drinkers?

Is it me or my Navigation system started to display all the Starbucks stores suddenly? I'm sure that this feature was not turned on, until I took my car for service about 2 months ago. I just noticed it when I was using the navigation system in Down Town and the screen was filled with a picture of "Cup of Coffee" and every time I reached to one of the icons, I glanced outside and sure enough, there was a Starbucks there.

Does anyone know about this or better yet, does anyone know how to turn this off for those of us non-Starbucks drinkers?

What year is your car? I have 04RX boss has 06GX have not noticed it on either one of ours??? I would think that there would be a way to cut off the POI icon...is restaurants checked?

What year is your car? I have 04RX boss has 06GX have not noticed it on either one of ours??? I would think that there would be a way to cut off the POI icon...is restaurants checked?

It's a 2005 SC430. Nothing is checked under POI. That's what's strange about it. I did a Google search and some one had written an article about the new GS430 and he said "Starbucks indicator on Nav is way cool!"

http://reviews.cnet.com/2005_Lexus_GS_430/...84&cval=1188184

That made me wonder if it's a partnership. Still searching...