Toyota Gurus Needed......

92ls forhundo

i am posting this as a favor to a friend who owns a 1990 celica gt automatic that seems to have a huge tranny problem, in which during acceralation the car just seems to putter, and almost just drag also there are times (often) when the tranny will just "pop" out of gear while driving and throwing it in nuetral and restarting the car will usually solve this.....the car has about 160,000 miles on it and other than just really funky acceleration the car otherwise feels good and solid. My question, if anyone can contribute is, does anyone think this tranny is just trashed, or could there be a bad solenoid, or an ecu problem, or maybe the tranny is not the problem and it is something else? also my friend has put some lucas stabilizer in the tranny to try to remedy the issue(slight improvement,not really though) but on the lucas bottle it referred to something about "rings" being destroyed? Does anyone know what these"rings" are? Apolgies for the rather long post and thanks to all in advance....

By the way i know this an off-topic topic for this specific forum,but i trust no one else more than you guys for a question like this thanks again......

By the way i know this an off-topic topic for this specific forum,but i trust no one else more than you guys for a question like this thanks again......

We will try and sneak this one under the radar.....I am not a guru, but the toyota info service at

http://techinfo.toyota.com/ is only $10 to join for 24hrs.

You can download everything related to the specific car type, including all the LS models (getting it back on topic hehehe) including all the troubleshooting. Chances are the horses mouth will have the answer.

Good luck. ;)

We will try and sneak this one under the radar.....I am not a guru, but the toyota info service at

http://techinfo.toyota.com/ is only $10 to join for 24hrs.

You can download everything related to the specific car type, including all the LS models (getting it back on topic hehehe) including all the troubleshooting. Chances are the horses mouth will have the answer.

Good luck. ;)

Thanks man i already used that for my ls....and they are not the greatest things for diagnosing for a non-mechanic like me, thanks though. I did get my full LS repair manual from that site. Frickin awesome.