Dashboard Problems

oscarmanny

I drive a 90 LS400 owned for about a month. The RPM Gauge has never worked since I've owned the car . My Temperature Gauge bounces up and down it mostly stays up with any speed bump or the bass of my stereo. I dont know what to do, I've had it checked at a shop. The water pump, thermostat, and the radiator seem to be working fine. The car has alot of problems but the temperature gauge bothers me the most. Someone please help me!!

Oscarmanny

The problem may not be in the cooling system. It may very well be in the instrument cluster. On the older LS models (mine included), the needles start to go after a while. My speedo and tach both stick initially in the 0 position, but then break free after a tap on the dash or after driving a mile or two.

You could put in a new third party coolant temp sensor and gauge or replace your cluster w/ one from a wrecked car.

The problem may not be in the cooling system. It may very well be in the instrument cluster. On the older LS models (mine included), the needles start to go after a while. My speedo and tach both stick initially in the 0 position, but then break free after a tap on the dash or after driving a mile or two.

You could put in a new third party coolant temp sensor and gauge or replace your cluster w/ one from a wrecked car.

Thanks thats alot of help tomorrow is Saturday my first day off and will get it taken care of

I drive a 90 LS400 owned for about a month. The RPM Gauge has never worked since I've owned the car . My Temperature Gauge bounces up and down it mostly stays up with any speed bump or the bass of my stereo. I dont know what to do, I've had it checked at a shop. The water pump, thermostat, and the radiator seem to be working fine. The car has alot of problems but the temperature gauge bothers me the most. Someone please help me!!

Oscarmanny

Oscarmanny

High I was looking at your post and wondering If you fixed your problem yet. I am dismantling a ls400 and have a working speedo if you find you need it. I actually have the complete running car.If I can help let me know. Good Luck Rich Blanchard

Oscarmanny

Oscarmanny

High I was looking at your post and wondering If you fixed your problem yet. I am dismantling a ls400 and have a working speedo if you find you need it. I actually have the complete running car.If I can help let me know. Good Luck Rich Blanchard

Thanks my RPM gauge doesnt work nor my temperature gauge havent fixed it im learning to live with it would like to fix it or learn how to