Navigation: Major Points Of Interest Missing

While evaluating the navigation system in my 2006 LS430, I discovered that California State University, Northridge--a 34,000-student public university--does not appear in a "higher education" search on the system. It can be found listed as "Cal State Northridge" via text but only appears as a field with buildings and no icon or text.

Meanwhile, the long-defunct Prairie Street Elementary School which is now a Cal State Northridge parking lot, is displayed with full text on the map.

I have the latest 2006-issued DVD in the system.

Does anyone know whom to contact, if any, to see if they can update this on the next DVD?

• 2 weeks later...

The map database does not tell you the building names. The building shapes are to assist you in orienting yourself when driving on maintained roads; the names of the buildings are not collected by NAVTEQ or TELE ATLAS. Lastly, the icon of a head with a motar board and tassle is visible by scrolling around the purple area. Malls for example have a gray color that are sometimes bordered by a brownish outline. The icon is a small package with a bow... some people think that it is a TV.

As far as the LOCAL POI LIST is concerned CAL STATE UNIV does exist. While I don't know the specific parameters the system looks for POIs in the vacinity... not over 30 or 40 miles away. That is why you could find it when typing in the name of the POI but no in LOCAL POI LIST.

In the future please report suspected map discrepancies to Lexus @ 800 255 3987 or email them your findings. Please have all the specifics availalbe as general descriptions are useless. In the near future Lexus will have a place online that you can report suspected map issues.