Rx350 Xm Radio Installation

Just bought a new RX350 in May. Absolutely love the car. We are going to have the dealer install the XM Radio option. Has anybody had the XM installed and how did it turn out? Where did they put the antenna?

Just bought a new RX350 in May. Absolutely love the car. We are going to have the dealer install the XM Radio option. Has anybody had the XM installed and how did it turn out? Where did they put the antenna?

jmako,

I also purchased a RX-350 in May, and will be interested in your outcome. Have you seen this

thread? http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...25051&hl=sirius

The instructions and photos may assist us both.

Good luck,

Tubby2

• 1 month later...

jmako,

I also purchased a RX-350 in May, and will be interested in your outcome. Have you seen this

thread? http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...1&hl=sirius

The instructions and photos may assist us both.

Good luck,

Tubby2

jmako;

I'll be curious to see where you mount your antenna as well. I just ordered the Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM received to match the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 (In-Dash HDD Navigation and Multimedia AV Receiver with DVD) which was installed about a month ago. The trouble is, I have the AVIC-Z1 Navigation antenna resting in the right corner of the dash and I don't want a second antenna in the same location. I've asked Pioneer is there a way for both units to share the same antenna. Of course the answer is no. Now I'm forced to install a second antenna and I'm not sure where to put it. A friend of mine suggested the rear window which sounds like a good place (definitely will avoid any obstructions). The only drawback that I see to that is the route... that's a long way to ride a cable especially when you're trying to make the installation look professionally done. I'll let you know how it goes on Saturday.