Sc Inner High Beam Assemby

I've researched this before and did not come to a conclusive answer. I spoke with a parts guy and they said the high beam lens are all plastic no matter what year. Then I've heard someone say there's were a glass lens and now there's someone on ebay who is claiming the one he is selling is the newer style and has this "glass" lens? I plan on buying new ones soon and I'd rather get the glass v.s. the plastic if they exist. Anyone know for sure? Plastic lens, glass lens

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I have one of my own. Why do you prefer Glass over plastic for the high beam? My 94 (in Florida) has needed polishing of the low beam lenses several times, but the high beams have never been a problem.

Well I replaced my low beam headlight assemblies already b/c the lens was cloudy and not clear. I decided to replace them rather than polish. They still look new and its been a year since they've been on the car. I heard that lexus made glass lens for the high beams. (I'm not sure) My high beams are very cloudy and have polished them before their appearance is the same as it was before. I would much rather just replace them and not have to worry about them for a few years:) I'm having my car re-painted soon and I just prefer to replace them so everything on the outside will look new. To me it seems the glass would hold up better than the plastic and would not get "cloudy" as quickly as the plastic lens over time.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I have one of my own. Why do you prefer Glass over plastic for the high beam? My 94 (in Florida) has needed polishing of the low beam lenses several times, but the high beams have never been a problem.

Polishing the lenses is not difficult. Don't be taken in by the Lexus dealer's rediculous price for the polish kit. All you need is some maskng tape, electric drill, sanding disc backing plate for the drill, two tie string polishing pads and one bottle each of plastic cleaner and plastic polish. All of the above can be bought for less than half the price of one light assembly.

If you are interested, I will post how to do it.