Door Problems

timsun

I have a 1990 LS400 and the driver side door will not open with either the inside or the outside handle. The lock mechanism seems to be working properly. All of the other doors work just fine. It will lock and unlock but will not open. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My nearest dealer is 6 hours away. Thank you

Go to the search at the bottom and put in Door Lock.

Then go to the second page and read cant open door. This is your situation.

I did as you suggested and it worked just as you said. To all of the people who made this task so easy by your previous trial and error, I thank you. My wife did not like the NASCAR way of getting in and out of her LS400. No sense of humor at all. Thanks again, timsun

Well thank you for getting back to us. One other person had this problem and we gave him the information. He never reported back to let us know if he performed the repair, or how much the dealer or whoever, charged him to replace the lock itself. Sometimes the feedback is just as useful to someone else as the answer is to you or me.

• 4 years later...

Hey, I'm new to the club and am excited for all of the great posts. I noticed this one from years ago, and I have the same problem with my '95 LS 400. I cannot open the door from the inside and outside. I wasn't able to find any other posts regarding this problem. I was wondering what I could to do open the door. I am confident that once the door is open I can find the problem within the door panel. Thanks!

Well thank you for getting back to us. One other person had this problem and we gave him the information. He never reported back to let us know if he performed the repair, or how much the dealer or whoever, charged him to replace the lock itself. Sometimes the feedback is just as useful to someone else as the answer is to you or me.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem on my 92 Lexus LS400, and I'm excited to try it out tomorrow.

@Timsun Your comment regarding your wife not appreciating the humor of the situation was absolutely hilarious! I say let her watch a few episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard =)