Rear Axle Carrier Arm Bushings, Where To Buy In Canada

lx_and_ls

I just replaced the rear upper control arm of my '95 LS with 217,000 km because of excessive play in the ball joint. While doing this I noticed that the rear axle carrier arm bushings are totally gone. I'm planning to replace them as per: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/suspension/rcabushings.html

I called my dealer in Toronto area, but they don't seem to carry these aftermarket kits. Does anyone know where I can buy these locally?

Thanks!

www.foreignautosalvage.com. Not in Canada but you can order ADUS bushes in days from these people.

Thanks. I ordered my parts here. Very friendly people, and fast response to my email.

I did a search on ADUS but was unable to find the manufacturer's website. Are these Japanese import?

After replacing the carrier bushings i found movement in my outer bush of the lower control arm which i also replaced with adus bush's. I had to get a wheel alignment done and was told the new bush's put the rear wheel alignment out about 15%. The car now drives much tighter. Don't know where adus are made, i gather they wholesale to business only.

• 2 weeks later...

After replacing the carrier bushings i found movement in my outer bush of the lower control arm which i also replaced with adus bush's. I had to get a wheel alignment done and was told the new bush's put the rear wheel alignment out about 15%. The car now drives much tighter. Don't know where adus are made, i gather they wholesale to business only.

I just put the carrier bushings in. If it hadn't been for the cup-shaped ball joint extractor, I would have never gotten those bushings out. They were rusted pretty badly (Canadian winters, eh). The rubber was almost completely gone. I'll have a look at the outer bushings as well. I havn't driven the car yet to see if there is an improvement.

I have two comments/questions:

- The 136 ft.lb of torque seems excessive for the little tubes in the Adus bushings. I think I was just crushing them, so I torque'd to about 100 ft.lb. The tubes are thinner than the original Lexus tubes.

- It looks like the the Adus bushings are made in a garage. I could have easily made these for $0.50 if I had know the dimensions. The polyurethane wasn't even degassed. I wrote down the dimensions for the rear bushings. Does anyone have the other dimensions?