Just Bought 2002 Is 300

Lan_IS

Hey guys I just bought an 2002 IS 300 and when i went to go pump gas i realized that after twisting my gas cap off there is not another layer i dont kno what it is called but i use to own a honda accord and in that car after twisting off the cap there was also a metal cover that can only be opened by putting the nozzle of the pump in.

So for the IS 300 i didnt see one and i wanted to see if that was normal.

Also i bought the car from an independent dealership not a lexus dealership and the whole audio system is replaced in the front console, like the cd player but not the speakers or anything. I was wondering how much would it cost to put bak the stock cd player? wondering by chance if anyone would kno. Cuz i REALLY LIKE the stock audio interface alot better then wat they had in there.

Also my Escaine portion of my seats are pretty dirty and i heard that i should use warm water and woolite? but i wanted to ask around first.

Lastly, when i put the car in the e-shift mode it starts in 5? is that normal? even when i am dead stop. So i didnt was kinda worried so i havent messed with it since.

Any help for any of the problems would BE GREAT and much appreciated cuz i realli dont kno anyone with the same type seats or that owns an IS 300 soo i am pretty clueless since i have owned honda's and acura's all my life. Or if anybody has any tips or comments on what i should watch out for and be careful about my car would help me alot.

Thanx

Hey guys I just bought an 2002 IS 300 and when i went to go pump gas i realized that after twisting my gas cap off there is not another layer i dont kno what it is called but i use to own a honda accord and in that car after twisting off the cap there was also a metal cover that can only be opened by putting the nozzle of the pump in.

So for the IS 300 i didnt see one and i wanted to see if that was normal.

Also i bought the car from an independent dealership not a lexus dealership and the whole audio system is replaced in the front console, like the cd player but not the speakers or anything. I was wondering how much would it cost to put bak the stock cd player? wondering by chance if anyone would kno. Cuz i REALLY LIKE the stock audio interface alot better then wat they had in there.

Also my Escaine portion of my seats are pretty dirty and i heard that i should use warm water and woolite? but i wanted to ask around first.

Lastly, when i put the car in the e-shift mode it starts in 5? is that normal? even when i am dead stop. So i didnt was kinda worried so i havent messed with it since.

Any help for any of the problems would BE GREAT and much appreciated cuz i realli dont kno anyone with the same type seats or that owns an IS 300 soo i am pretty clueless since i have owned honda's and acura's all my life. Or if anybody has any tips or comments on what i should watch out for and be careful about my car would help me alot.

Thanx

That normal!!! I believed they stop making them in the year 2000 ;)

okay let me see if i can address all those questions.

i knwo nothing about the radio...but i think anything thats not harsh like bleach will work on the seats, just use common sense. so i guess woolite ( a little) and warm water will do the trick. Yes, me e shift starts at 5 at whatever speed, thats the way its designed...i dont like using the M mode because of a few reasons

1) shifting down...dont try it when your foot is not on the accelerator. the car will brake by itself and jolt forward. You have to know that the point of those buttons is so that you can shift up at higher rpms so it will its not like a manual, where an improper gear will cause it to stall

i hope you enjoy your car, its great, except i will admit that there are some annoyances. you will notice the inconvience of the cup holders because they are too small for american drinks, lol.

best wishes

OOz ok yeah i did look at the cup holders kinda small looking and also not having a middle console to put things in like covered completely is kinda tickin me off but the e-shift deally still brings up a question that if i was to put it in M would i bring down the gear to 1? then drive because its just confusing to me, I've driven tip tronic but this is totally different to me and would it not be smart to shift over to M if i am in motion?

lol Im still not gonna drive in M until i fully understand this thing...

thnx for the post rx330

let me see if i can clarify the M mode for you:

whatever speed you are at, it will shift into 5 because it will only control the gear of your car if your speed is over that gear...meaning if you are driving 30mph, gear 5 will not actually affect anything because you are below gear 5. Thus driving on the free way at 60mph, you are already on gear so nothing changes.

Its only there for you to shift down for more speed. Its only there for that reason. If you are slowing down, and you dont push the down gear shifters, the car will not stall, it will do it itself, automatically. It really makes no difference. Go to an empty parking lot and try it out. personally i dont like to use it.

the radio: if they were able to take it out, its possible to put it back in. Buy the radio off ebay? or some sort of lexus online store...and then ask the smarter people on this site.