1991 Lexus Ls400, No Power After Replacing Clutch Fan Bracket

weazel8

Ok I just replaced my Clutch Fan Bracket. Everything went back together fine. The only problem is I snapped or broke the one of the threads were the bracket screws into. The bracket itself is still solid as it has 5 other bolts holding it in place. When I put this bolt back on I forgot to put the distributor cap back over the bracket before I screwed down this bolt and drove it in to far.

But the big problem I have now is that my car has no power. It runs a lot louder and rougher. I pulled the car out of the garage and it didn't sound right so I tried to pull it back in but it didn't even have enough power to make it up the small slant of my driveway. What could cause this?

Ok I just replaced my Clutch Fan Bracket. Everything went back together fine. The only problem is I snapped or broke the one of the threads were the bracket screws into. The bracket itself is still solid as it has 5 other bolts holding it in place. When I put this bolt back on I forgot to put the distributor cap back over the bracket before I screwed down this bolt and drove it in to far.

But the big problem I have now is that my car has no power. It runs a lot louder and rougher. I pulled the car out of the garage and it didn't sound right so I tried to pull it back in but it didn't even have enough power to make it up the small slant of my driveway. What could cause this?

Like I said, it took me 2 days (with a friend) to replace my fan bracket because we wanted to make sure we did everything right. Look at EVERYTHING again...every screw, piece, and part that came off. Be sure you look and see if you connected all lines that you may have removed in the process. And as was said earlier, check out your timing belt and see if everything is in order.