A/c Not Working 1995 Es 300

The mid-90's ES models are notorious for expansion valve problems in their A/C systems. I don't know if a sticking expansion valve would cause your particular pressure differentials; however, it is the first thing I would check.

This has been discussed numerous times on this forum. Do a search.

The mid-90's ES models are notorious for expansion valve problems in their A/C systems. I don't know if a sticking expansion valve would cause your particular pressure differentials; however, it is the first thing I would check.

This has been discussed numerous times on this forum. Do a search.

Is it attached to the evaporator and is it hard to get out.

Yes, it is located on the back side of the evaporator (between the firewall and the evaporator). It is very difficult to access.

I had this valve replaced on our 94 ES in 2004. It cost about $450.00 at an independent auto air repair place. The Lexus dealer wanted around $700.

The system has worked great since that time.

Yes, it is located on the back side of the evaporator (between the firewall and the evaporator). It is very difficult to access.

I had this valve replaced on our 94 ES in 2004. It cost about $450.00 at an independent auto air repair place. The Lexus dealer wanted around $700.

The system has worked great since that time.

Thanks ,I am going to attempt it ,The air is working now,but it will fail sooner or later,Thank's

• 1 year later...

I also had this problem last year. The symptom was that the A/C would sometimes blow warm air. I went to a gritty mechanic who connected his gauges to find that the expansion valve was stuck closed. Ultimately, I had it fixed at a Lexus dealer for $800.

Now, one year later, I have a similar problem. That is, the air is relatively warm. It does get somewhat cool, but not by much. Another odd thing is that the air blower immediately starts blowing air when I start the car. It used to be that the blower would have to wait a few minutes before starting up.

Anybody know what this new problem might be.