2005 Tail Lights

Sorry if this is a repost... I've tried countless search words/combinations, but came up with nothing.

I'm looking to swap the tail lights from my 04' ES to the 05' style. I know the 05'/06' tail lights will fit the 02'-04', but does anyone know what to do with the wiring? Is it possible to use the same sockets or is it different? Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

I was going to do the same, but found the same dilemna. The sockets on the 02-04 don't fit the holders on the 05-06 light buckets. You would have to swap them. Plus the 05 buckets call for 1 less bulb than the 02-24 buckets so you would have a bulb loose behind the bucket.

There was a member, I can't remember if it was here or on CL, that has done it successfully and it looks good but did require some manipulation of the wiring.

I settled for a simple solution of using silver bulbs on my 02 to remove the fried egg appearance of the 02 tails. They look good in the front too.

post-688-1145828744.jpg

post-688-1145828795.jpg

steviej