A Few Questions

Whats up guys! I am new to the forums and just got a 2003 Lexus GS 300 with 15K miles on it last Saturday. I love the car, and its in brand new condition. I could not be happier. Your going to have to pardon some of my dumb questions because I am not used to Japanese cars. My last car was a Mustang Cobra, so this is a totally different beast for me. Anyway, I do have some questions I could use your help with. I have a few plans for the car, but want to keep it simple. I will not be touching the engine because its a Certified car, and frankly I got all the HP I wanted out of the Cobra when I had it. I want to get rims for my Lexus but I don't want my ride to suffer to much. Is there any real difference in ride quality between 19s and 20s? What do you guys do to lower the car? Do you needs springs, shocks, struts etc...? What are the best aftermarket navigation options for our cars? I would like to something that could sit flush in the dash like the stock navigation on the GS430. How about HIDs? Where can I find a good kit, and what do you guys recommend? I would really appreciate some help here guys. Thanks alot, and I hope to be talking to you all soon.

With regards to the rims, the bigger the you go the harsher the ride. I have 20's on my car and you do feel a difference but it's not horrible it's just not gonna feel like it would with the stock wheels and tires. But obviously the trade off is a better appearance and better handling. I've heard good things about the Eclipse navigation systems, I plan to get one myself. Most people recommend the Philips HID's. I have McCulloch, even though people on this forum don't recommend them, I have had them trouble free for seven months now. Only one time did I turn on my lights and one of the bulbs didn't turn on. You should also consider upgrading the sound system. I think 6th Ave electronics is running a deal on an Alpine amp and 2 10" JL Audio subs for like $348. I have an Alpine amp powering 2 10" Alpine type-e subs and they rock. I had Infinity Reference subs in there but they sounded horrible. Hope this helps

Thanks man, do you have a website for the Philips HIDs, or the McCulloch?

I'm not sure where you can get the Philips but the McCulloch I bought from ebay from ebay member ultrabrightlightz. The guy also has a website, I think it's ultrabrightlights.com.

While we're on the subject, I too just got an 03 GS300.

Is there a NOT TOO EXPENSIVE way to make this thing not a wallowing pig?

I had a 98 GS400 and do not remember it being so soft and ill handling.

I really don't want to put springs in it as I won't have it all that long but it is soooooooooo soft and wallowy.

I aligned it today and it is a bit better, at least it goes in a straight line now and has SOME steering return but I am surprised how mushy it is

Shocks, struts perhaps? Some help here, just want to snuff it up a tad

(I am running new OZ 17's)

I really don't want to put springs in it as I won't have it all that long but it is soooooooooo soft and wallowy.

I aligned it today and it is a bit better, at least it goes in a straight line now and has SOME steering return but I am surprised how mushy it is

What do you mean by "wallowing"? I love the ride of mine???

What do you mean by "wallowing"? I love the ride of mine???

Doesn't handle and I have a REAL GOOD set of 17s on it.

It really needs a good set of shocks and springs but I would be happy with a good matched shock.

I'm not going thru the whole deal of lowering it, been there etc. I won't have this car that long