Bluetooth Usage

My new IS250 is barely a week old and I am already very mad about one feature (or non-feature).

The much touted handsfree bluetooth feature which comes with the Nav sytems DOES NOT support the Treo 650 bluetooth phone. The salesman failed to let me know that the IS250 support only a few phone models (like the Motorola RAZR and a few others).

I confirmed this on the Lexus website and also talking to a customer service rep. I cannot imagine why Lexus would not make their system compatible with a year-old Treo 650.

Any ideas or suggestions. I am bumming everytime I think about it.

Thanks.

Sanjay

My new IS250 is barely a week old and I am already very mad about one feature (or non-feature).

The much touted handsfree bluetooth feature which comes with the Nav sytems DOES NOT support the Treo 650 bluetooth phone. The salesman failed to let me know that the IS250 support only a few phone models (like the Motorola RAZR and a few others).

I confirmed this on the Lexus website and also talking to a customer service rep. I cannot imagine why Lexus would not make their system compatible with a year-old Treo 650.

Just because a phone isn't on the compatibility site (lexus.letstalk.com) doesn't mean that it won't work. Letstalk.com is in the business of selling mobile phones, remember. :) I had no issues getting my Blackberry 7100 paired up, and it's not on the list either.

Unfortuntely, the Treo has a reputation for very flakey Bluetooth support. I have heard that some people did get it to work, though. I performed a quick search online and found this article that might be of use (http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183324&highlight=bluetooth+%22trio+650%22) to you.

Matt

Thanks.

Sanjay

I wouldnt blame Lexus.... I would point my fingers towards the Palm Folks... The Treo has history of being a pain in the A$$ when it comes to bluetooth...

Thanks.

Sanjay

I just bought the IS 250, and my wife and I also have a treo 650. The dealer tried to set hers up real quick but he couldnt do it. So I told him id do it when I got home. My wife is out of town with her phone but I set up my treo like it says in the manual, no problems. I havent updated the software on my phone for a while, and I know my wife has so maybe it could be software compatibility. But good luck!

Hey Sanjay,

I have an IS350 (obviously the same bluetooth as the 250) and my Treo 650 works like a charm. I have heard that there might be a problem automatically loading in your phone book but I haven't bothered as I don't need 100 names loaded. My 15th most dialed # can be dialed from my 650, that's just fine.

Other than that, works perfectly. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...