Climate Control - Heating

ls460

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me out here. I recently got an oil change done on my car with an inspection of battery. After the service, my car heater just stopped working. It blows cold air even if my car is fully warmed up!

My digital display does not work on the climate control since I bought the car so I cannot tell what the temp is. However the heating used to work fine (before yesterday) .. I had read somewhere that sometimes the climate control needs to be reset (not sure what this means)

Has this happened to anyone before?

LS460.net

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me out here. I recently got an oil change done on my car with an inspection of battery. After the service, my car heater just stopped working. It blows cold air even if my car is fully warmed up!

My digital display does not work on the climate control since I bought the car so I cannot tell what the temp is. However the heating used to work fine (before yesterday) .. I had read somewhere that sometimes the climate control needs to be reset (not sure what this means)

Has this happened to anyone before?

LS460.net

The airflow mixing vane servomotor inside the A/C plenum under the dash has a cable attached which extends through the firewall to a water control valve mounted in the engine compartment on the top center of the firewall.

If you move the temperature control from max cold to max hot you should be able to see this cable move the valve in the engine compartment from fully closed to fully open. Someone may have somehow jiggled the cable off of the control valve.

I had a small leak from the water pump, which I'm paying through the nose to have repaired. Anyway, the small leak resulted in low water in the system. I didn't realize it until there was no heat from the vents. The car did not overheat however, although I'm sure it was a matter of time. So check your coolant-you might get lucky.