Headlamp Misting Up

OKEH1

Just off to Book my 2004 RX330 in to the shop, this time the drivers side headlamp has started misting up pretty badly, surely this shouldnt be happening on a 2 1/2 year old car.

Where is the Toyota/Lexus quality?.

So many quality issues with this car really p's me off, such a waste of time too.

Just off to Book my 2004 RX330 in to the shop, this time the drivers side headlamp has started misting up pretty badly, surely this shouldnt be happening on a 2 1/2 year old car.

Where is the Toyota/Lexus quality?.

So many quality issues with this car really p's me off, such a waste of time too.

I had the passenger side headlight replaced under warranty on my '05 330 at the 13 month point. Under warranty, no questions asked, in and out in an hour or so.

Gary

Have a 2004 RX330 bought in 03. Had condensation in both headlights at about 40K miles. Dealer replaced both units, no questions asked. He wasn't suprised when I showed it to him.

Try that with a ford or chevy :wacko:

Have a 2004 RX330 bought in 03. Had condensation in both headlights at about 40K miles. Dealer replaced both units, no questions asked. He wasn't suprised when I showed it to him.

Try that with a ford or chevy :wacko:

hahaha!!!!

:cheers:

Picked the car back up last night, New headlamp, but strangly, no mention of changing it out on the workbill, are Lexus trying to hide the fact that there is a problem with these headlamps and failures?.

I had asked them to sort out passenger side rattles, but they failed to locate it again, I amsure it is in the door or maybe inner chassis, they did tighten some trim screws and replaced some which had disappeared noting that the car had many miles on it........ 40000 miles is not a lot in my opinion.

Still I did get a loaner and free cup of coffee, so not bad eh.

• 2 months later...

Just brought my 2004 RX in the dealer for the same issue and was informed that Lexus had redesigned the headlight assembly to prevent the condensation problem. I also received excellent service, and of course, the headlight is being replaced at no charge.

For those persons weary of quality issues with their Lexus, I can assure you that problems and service are outstanding compared to other car brands. I still have Post Traumatic Stress from two years of issues with a 2004 Nissan Quest.....

• 9 months later...

Both Headlamps have been replaced on my '05.

With 10k miles and our second visit to the service dept., the tech. said a problem with the lamp wasn't found. The issue of not taking our word about the lamp, a filthy smelly loaner (worse than any of the 100's of rental cars we every had), and a $170.00 bill for an oil change and tire rotation pretty much soured us on Lexus service.

Our dealer has a great front end, and a back end with exceedingly costly (and in our experience), poor customer service. Additional warrant repair visits did nothing to change this view.

As a former G.M. employee of 20 years, and a first time buyer of a non G.M. auto, the RX330 is a superb automobile, the best I ever owned, but service is stupidly expensive and poorly executed -- worse than anything experienced with over 30 new G.M. vehicles.

I realize that our experience does not represent a testimony of Lexus Service in general since we've only been to one dealer; however, that is the only dealer remotely close to our home.

It's a shame that such a fine automobile is tarnished by a greedy and poorly operated service department!

We did like the '05 so much, we bought a '06, but for other than warranty repairs, neither vehicle has been taken back to Lexus. We have been trying independent shops and found a really good one -- ironically we discovered that the owner was the 1st. service manager at our lovely local Lexus dealer -- however, he recently closed shop due to ill health. It's was interesting comparing our experiences with Lexus with his experiences. They correlated nicely. That is, this gentleman quit Lexus because of moral issues. He couldn't swallow pushing unnecessary services and focusing on cash flow, rather than honest, fair customer service.

I just returned home today from a Toyota dealer and was satisfied with the service and cost for my Lexus. It's too bad that we can't use our Lexus dealer for maintenance services. In fact, I'm having second thoughts about buying another Lexus because of service, not because of the automobile's quality and driving pleasure.