Oil Drain Bolt Specs!

Hey guys,

I hot a new (new to me) 1996 lexus ES300 at 104,000 miles and i was going over it, it looks OK, but i wanted to put in a Oil Drain Bolt with the Magnetic Tip and wanted to know if anybody Knew what were the specs, such as M10 and Threads per Inch. I'll try to find one on e-bay!!!

Also what kind of oil filter do you guys use (is best at filtering these engines) FRAM, BOSCH, Or From the dealer (by the way who maked OEM Oil filters?)

Just want to know because i do my own maintenance and need to get the consumable spares!!!

Thanks for the help

chargerucd

Just stick a magnet on the stock tip. I think it's an M10*1.25, but wouldn't swear to it. Why don't you take yours & see? A $20 cheap tap & die kit will last you a lifetime *if* you keep it lubricated during use & use them properly. I.E. by hand.

AFA what oils, or filters to use search on here (Discussed to death), and direct any hardcore questions about general lubrication issues to bobistheoilguy.com. I'll pretty well tell you. Fram, Bosch etc. are not popular. It's going to be a tossup between stuff like the OEM Denso, OEM (JDM) Nippon, or something like the good wix/purolators.

Good luck with it. I suggest you drop the pan & just throw a few magnets in that like the transmission pan. You'll also get a chance to look at how the bottom end is coming along. An oil anylisis would be a hell of a lot better than a magnet to check too. Just a thought. ;)