Satellite Installation Aesthetics

I purchased an XM radio satellite from the Lexus dealer. I was not impressed with the installation aesthetics of the final result. The satellite receiver (I guess that's what it is) which is mounted on the roof of the IS350 has about 1 inch of wire showing and is not completely covered as it was with my Infiniti G35 or as I have seen with the BMWs. That wire makes the installation look like it was done by someone like myself who has no experience doing this kind of work and looks just really cheap...

I might have to add a picture of this but has anyone else had the satellite radio installed?

Just my opinion, but I'd bring it back.

I added a Sirius Radio to my Jeep Grand Cherokee and did it myself.

I took great care and time, and there is not one exposed wire, from antenna to radio. (Looks factory)

You just dropped $40,000 on a beautifil IS350, and you see wire on the roof? :censored:

I dont care if it's only an inch.... bring it back and tell them to do it right.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :whistles:

Just my opinion, but I'd bring it back.

I added a Sirius Radio to my Jeep Grand Cherokee and did it myself.

I took great care and time, and there is not one exposed wire, from antenna to radio. (Looks factory)

You just dropped $40,000 on a beautifil IS350, and you see wire on the roof? :censored:

I dont care if it's only an inch.... bring it back and tell them to do it right.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :whistles:

I actually did stop by at the dealership yesterday. I brought it up with the sales team and service advisor. They are going to look into it. Apparently, I was the first one to get the new XM radio for the IS350 at this particular dealer. I'm pretty sure that they had some trainee do the installation who probably ran the wire from the rear of the car up instead of running it from the receiver down thus exposing the extra wire ... I told them that I wasn't too happy with the looks.

If you're anywhere near as lucky as others who have been inconvenienced, you may end up walking away from all of this with a new free ipod!

Good Luck!

:D

If you're anywhere near as lucky as others who have been inconvenienced, you may end up walking away from all of this with a new free ipod!

Good Luck!

:D

Hmmm. I spent quite a few bucks on dealer extras. I guess they could throw in a few things ... I sure like completing surveys when I get them!!! It's good to know that "what goes around comes around".