First Big Road Trip In The '92

SRK

I just got back from a quick vacation with the wife and two kids. I did over 3000 kms in four driving days, about 2000 miles. I left with 2k on the oil, and when I got back, it had not dropped a bit. I travelled lots of roads in the Canadian Rockies, with lots of altitude driving, and they are rough roads too. Car never missed a beat, and got 30 mpg average (imperial gallon so about 25 mpg US gallon), loaded with four people and all the baggage, AC on all the time, and cruising at 130 kilometres (about 80 mph). Unbelievable. As tough as some of the roads were, the suspension never bottomed out, although I am sure it came close.

I can't think of any car that I have ever driven that would have performed as well.

Mind you the car picked up a few war wounds on the way. Couple on the front valence, and a few on the lower door panels. Rocks and the lack of mudflaps - not that I am recommending mudflaps.... I intend to repaint the lower body color soon, but I am thinking of taking off the lower door panels to paint them separately. So I was wondering if there are any factory drawings showing how they installed? VMF, I know you seem to have lots of factory drawings, and you have generously posted some for others. Have you got any showing these body panels? Thanks in advance.

SRK

Sounds like you had a good time. Maybe you could post a picture or two of you 400 in the Rockies, that would be cool. I am starting to take more pictures. I took one of my Lexus in Grover Cleveland's driveway today, I'll post it this weekend when I get home.